2021, the year of the Web3 centralization?
Sky Marvis raised $150M at the end of 2021 at a $3B valuation for Axie Infinity and its Ronin¹ blockchain, appreciating the value of 4.88M transactions from 615k “traders”² on a currently 100% centralized blockchain³.
Solana is the fastest growing blockchain in 2021⁴ with a marketcap at +$54B. Yet it does not have the best APY with about 6%⁵. It is also the most centralized blockchain at this valuation level considering that 1.39% of nodes⁶ can control the network.
Ethereum represents 20% of the total value of crypto-currencies which is as much as all the others combined excluding BTC. It is a Swiss⁷ foundation with a hyper-centralized board in the hands of three people⁸ including the co-founder’s lawyer.
The main crypto-currencies in the world are legally hosted by organizations with hyper-centralized and often opaque governance:
- Swiss foundations (XTZ, SOL, ETH, ADA, DOT),
- private companies USA (UNI, XRP, AVAX) ou Inde (MATIC),
- off-shore Cayman Islands (BNB, CHAIN), British Virgin Islands (USDT).
Major DAOs like Uniswap or Maker have self-centralized⁹ and opaque intellectual properties. Sushiswap is totally dependent on its representatives on earth¹⁰
So what is centralization? In 2022, the Web3 economy will move from services offered by anonymous founders and websites with no legal disclaimer to companies that raise funds, often in capital, and compete in the capital market, where they have to return more and more return on investment to participants.
Decentralization is not a binary or universal notion. We should talk about the level of decentralization according to the objective sought. The real question is how can we build a better Web3 than the Web2 that gave birth to a series of monopolies represented by the GAFAMs that have become real dangers for democracy and the global economy?
At Civicpower we believe that there are several conditions for the success of our Web3 voting infrastructure project:
- Owners : a long term POWER token community, wishing to finance our vision while obtaining an efficient return on investment over time,
- Users : customers who recognize the value of the service by paying for it, users who use the service and get value from it,
- Builders : a blockchain composed of validators guaranteeing the independence and integrity of the network while committing to a quality of service.
The level of decentralization of our assets will change over time:
- Voting blockchain : our vote certification blockchain will move from a centralized layer2 system¹¹ to a progressively decentralized layer1 blockchain,
- Code : the second version of the voting clouds and the validation nodes of the layer 1 blockchain will be made freely available and organized as a contributory open source project,
- P2E : governance of the play-to-earn game will be progressively delegated to the ₡POWER community, once it is commercially launched¹².
- POWER gouvernance : the structuring of asset classes, listing and market making will progressively escape the founders with the next step being the outsourcing of operations to IBEx, the inBlocks exchange,
- POWER supply : today at 52% under the supervision of the treasury management committee composed of 200 volunteers from the POWER community as well as our advisors Adli Takkal Bataille and Ismaël Le Mouël. The loss of the absolute majority is expected to launch the staking of the blockchain layer 1.
All the teams of Civicpower, Votelab, ChainR OÜ and inBlocks join me in wishing you a beautiful year 2022 full of decentralization!
²“More than 615,000 traders have bought or sold Axie Infinity NFTs in 4.88 million transactions, according to DappRadar. This means that an average transaction for an Axie Infinity NFT is worth about $420. The company and secondary sales of the NFT characters have now reached $33 million a day. All of this is pretty amazing for a company that had $100,000 in sales in January.” — https://venturebeat.com/2021/10/06/sky-mavis-raises-152m-at-nearly-3b-valuation-for-axie-infinity-play-to-earn-nft-game/
⁴with +11800%, the lowest transaction cost at $0.00025 and the highest total number of transactions at 46.11B
⁵ https://www.stakingrewards.com/ & https://learn.bybit.com/crypto/best-staking-coin
⁶ the superminority is 19 nodes on 1/1/2022. This is the opposite of the “super majority”. “A super majority is 2/3rds of the validators weighted by their bonds. A super majority vote indicates that the network has reached consensus, and at least 1/3rd of the network would have had to vote maliciously for this branch to be invalid. This would put the economic cost of an attack at 1/3rd of the market cap of the coin.” https://solana.com/solana-whitepaper.pdf — Delegation program under control https://solana.foundation/delegation-program & https://solana.foundation/delegation-criteria
⁷Stiftung Ethereum, a Swiss Stiftung, located at Zeughausgasse 7a, 6300 Zug, Switzerland
⁹https://uniswap.org/terms-of-service (interface) “We reserve the following rights, which do not constitute obligations of ours: (a) with or without notice to you, to modify, substitute, eliminate or add to the Interface; (b) to review, modify, filter, disable, delete and remove any and all content and information from the Interface; and ( c) to cooperate with any law enforcement, court or government investigation or order or third party requesting or directing that we disclose information or content or information that you provide.”, voir “MakerDAO Volunteers” ici https://vote.makerdao.com/terms & https://dyor-crypto.fandom.com/wiki/Maker_DAO
¹¹equivalent to that of Sky Marvis
¹² 100% of the safes pre-purchased by the pre-sale investors being resold
¹³you can apply to firstname.lastname@example.org, validation on only criterion to have POWER since more than 90 days
Votelab SAS is a company with a mission within the meaning of Decree №2020–1 of January 2, 2020 introduced by the PACTE Act of 2019. The company is independent, 100% owned by its founders and self-financed.
Civicpower is an association under the 1901 law. It controls access to the private key of the blockchain, the gits of the code, the governance of ChainR OÜ which holds the POWER treasure, owns the Civicpower and CryptoPolitics brand as well as the users database.
Civicpower ecosystem links:
📱 Our webapp: https://app.civicpower.io
🌐 Website : https://civicpower.vote
☢️ Beta test group: https://t.me/powerbeta
💡 Idea box: https://civicpower.io/idea-box/
Partner integrator France: https://votelab.io
Main website: https://civicpower.io
The burnlist: https://burnlist.civicpower.io/burnlist/
🦄 Announcements: https://t.me/powerAnnouncements
- 📙 FAQ: https://t.me/powerfaq
- 🇫🇷 POWER FR official https://t.me/powersoff
- 🇬🇧/🇺🇸 POWER EN official https://t.me/poweroffEN
Main site: https://otc.civicpower.io
Offer board: https://burnlist.civicpower.io
🎁 The famous 100k challenge:
₿ The Civicpower Blockchain: https://t.me/civicpowerblockchain
🏆 Polls (Presidential 2022): https://sondages.civicpower.vote
🤫 Cryptopolitics: secret project